Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Get It All Now, Cause I'm On The Prowl

If you're one of the zero people who has not checked out the leak for At War with the Mystics, get out from under your rock and head here.
At War With the Mystics
I was on a drugless high (and likely still am) for many many hours upon first hearing, and you should be too. I can die happy now.


Happy Valentines Day to everyone whos paired up out there. If however, you're like me and alone on this day, go out and get your favourite movie and curl up on the couch. Or hit the bars. Either one.
Here's a V-Day treat for you: another album that continues to be in my rotation despite being released in 2003 because it's just that darn good.

Raveonettes - Chain Gang of Love
Track List:
1. Remember
2. That Great Love Sound
3. Noisy Summer
4. The Love Gang
5. Let's Rave On
6. Dirty Eyes (Sex Don't Sell)
7. Love Can Destroy Everything
8. Heartbreak Stroll
9. Little Animal
10. Untamed Girls
11. Chain Gang Of Love
12. The Truth About Johnny
13. New York Was Great

This Is Whiplash Rock N' Roll

Since I have every faith in the world in French-Canadian bands, particularly from Montreal and if you take the time to send me a sonewhat lengthy email, as vocalist Patrick Pleau did, your songs will get heard. Plus, I'm happy to give anyone an audience, as long as they don't suck or make my ears bleed. At the risk of sounding pretentious, I really like Plajia, anything that reminds me of Pink Floyd and Radiohead gets a thumbs up in my books. Here are the songs recommended to me by Mr. Pleau:
Plajia - Sleeping
Plajia - The Party
Plajia - Am I A Magician?(Flaming Lips-esque title+Good Song=Solid!)

Cheers All!

13 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

Hah, I got an email from that guy too, I haven't listened to the tracks he sent yet though. If you like them then they are probably worth me checking out. Even though you have now stolen my idea for tomorrow's post =(

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you 100 percent, this album is the most refreshing thing i've listened to in a long time, thanks alot

RYP said...

dear jessi
for dying happy too I need a password or am I blind.
thank you

Jim said...

Flaming Lips password is bringmetheheads I think, looks like it's the one I uploaded.

RYP said...

it works! thanx jim!

Jim said...

No worries.
The link is dead now though. I'll be re-upping it later.

Art Vandelay said...

I'll try to quit my lazyness and do it myself...

Jim said...

In the meantime, my re-up finished.
http://rapidshare.de/files/13359164/myst.rar
same pw as before

Art Vandelay said...

Well, never mind then. Everybody, go there!

Jim said...

Btw Jessi, I'm not trying to steal visitors or anything, hope I'm not annoying you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice tracks coming from Plajia.

Anyway, happy belated Valentine's Day.

http://h1.ripway.com/pixors/choo.jpg

=]

Austin Raustin said...

I just came across your site. Eternal thanks for the Gentleman Reg song a few posts back. Thanks, thanks, thanks. :)

Cameron said...

wow, who would have thought that you would make people mad by linking to an album that isnt out yet? giving mp3 blogs a bad name one day at a time. thanks.