Sunday, February 05, 2006

Well It's Good to Know That You'll Be OK

Edit(11.00 A.M) - Looks like Saturday's post of The Age of Electric's Make a Pest a Pet album didn't publish. I'm too lazy to post it again, so email me if you want it.

To round off my all Canadian music week, I leave you with an album that is very special to me. This is the first album that I ever really fell in love with. I was about 12 when I first heard it, a very good friend of mine used to play Superman's Dead on his guitar and have me sing for him. This album showed me that music is more than what's on the radio, and it can be Canadian too. I'll admit, I am disappointed with the new OLP album, but this classic holds a special place in my heart.

Our Lady Peace - Clumsy
Track List:
1. Superman's Dead
2. Automatic Flowers
3. Carnival
4. Big Dumb Rocket
5. 4am
6. Shaking
7. Clumsy
8. Hello Oskar
9. Let You Down
10. The Story Of 100 Aisles
11. Car Crash

I hope to God I Figure Out What's Wrong

Mp3's:
Controller.Controller - Disco Blackout
Metric - Raw Sugar
Crash Test Dummies - Afternoons and Coffeespoons
Rufus Wainwright - Beautiful Child (So what if he was born in New York, he was raised here, so we're keepin' him)
Tegan and Sara - Welcome Home
Bif Naked - Rich and Filthy
Hawksley Workman - Striptease
Magneta Lane - Ugly Socialite

I hope you enjoyed my Canuck week. Send any comments to lostonpurpose@gmail.com
Hopefully this gives you a few new favourites from the great white north, none of which say "eh."
Aaaand, I'm spent. (temporarily)

4 comments:

Cameron said...

first time visitor.
Yeah, Clumsy is awesome. I remember getting that album and playing it nonstop for a week before coming up for air. For me, OLP could never match what the pulled off on Clumsy. Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful album.

-Cameron Deyhle

Kristi Joy said...

you know, my posts from Saturday did that too. I posted them three different times. And the third time, the post showed up for like an hour or two, and THEN disappeared. It was a really good post too :(

Oh well. I'm thinking of canning the blog anyway and sending everyone over to you instead. I'm just getting too busy to keep it going :(

Anonymous said...

hi there :)

just wanted to send you a quick "thanks" for all of the canadian goodness!!

Anonymous said...

What?! A whole week of Canadian music and not ONE Anne Murray track!