Friday, April 07, 2006

Mama says a pistol is the devil's right hand...

Now, the way everybody and their friends love this movie, I'm pretty sure I am the only person in this hemisphere that thought it was way too over-rated. Groundbreaking maybe, but just too damn long and draggy. Regardless of my boredom while watching the movie, the brilliant film score certainly held my attention. Acoustic guitar slays me every time. And I love Rufus Wainwright. S'got some pretty fantastic country acts on there too.

Brokeback Mountain Soundtrack
Track List:
1. Gustavo Santaolalla - Opening
2. Willie Nelson - He Was A Friend of Mine
3. Gustavo Santaolalla - Brokeback Mountain Score 1
4. Emmylou Harris - A Love That Will Never Grow Old
5. Teddy Thompson & Rufus Wainwright - King of the Road
6. Gustavo Santaolalla - Snow
7. Steve Earle - The Devil's Right Hand
8. Mary McBride - No One's Gonna Love You Like Me
9. Gustavo Santaolalla - Brokeback Mountain Score 2
10. Teddy Thompson - I Don't Want to Say Goodbye
11. Jackie Green - I Will Never Let You Go
12. Gustavo Santaolalla - Riding Horses
13. The Gas Band - An Angel Went Up In Flames
14. Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
15. Gustavo Santaolalla - Brokeback Mountain Score 3
16. Rufus Wainwright - The Maker Makes
17. Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings (Closing)

If You Can't Fix It, You Gotta Stand It

Now here's a movie I'd love to see...


Now that that classic movie has been ruined for you forever, I take my leave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are definitely some songs that I enjoyed from this album! And Brokeback to the Future: BAH-HA-HA! Simply hilarious. Your refreshing wit and perspicacity have made my day! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Well momma's wrong

Anonymous said...

I've been listening to this already but it's a great share."Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings (Closing" thats such a simple and great bit of music, i love it.The Emmylou harris song is great also.
Steve, huricane85@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

lack of posting makes baby jesus cry...

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!