Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well I Hope That You're Happy...

OK, say what you will, but I love the All American Rejects. They're very catchy and it's my blog so I can post whatever I want. I also admit to having a teenage girl crush on Tyson Ritter. Anyways, I caught their show in London on Thursday night with opening acts Damone from Boston (Noelle on lead vocals sure can scream) and the surprisingly good semi-local alt-rockers illScarlett from Missasauga. Despite a few unexplainable 14-year-olds in need of Ritalin, there was good energy all the way through, although I would have liked the sets to be longer. But I got Tyson to sign my CD, so all was worth it.

All American RejectsillScarlett
Damone












illScarlett - Pacino
illScarlett - Mary Jane

Damone - Out Here All Night
Damone - What We Came Here For

All American Rejects - Stab My Back
All American Rejects - Can't Take It

P.S. I lament the recent remaks by one lyrical genius, the recently married Rivers Cuomo proclaiming that as of now, one of my favourite bands, Weezer, is "done." However, we all recall the band's last hiatus follwing the end of the Pinkerton tour in 1997 and lasting until the release of the Green Album in 2001. So fear not people, all hope is not lost, if there is any justice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well hello there. im dave, a college senior from the philippines. i stay in a dorm and rapidshare is firewalled. can i request you to upload the Har Mar Superstar album in sendspace.com instead? pretty pls? thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all a fan of AAR (sorry), but I hope you dug Damone. They're one of the rockin'est bands out there right now.

Art Vandelay said...

I did like Damone's set. Their rhythm guitarist looked like he was trying to channel mid-80's Robert Smith a bit too much, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job. Would love to see The Gossip's Movement and The Islands.