Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's clear to see that you've become obsessed...

I've only got a few minutes today, so I leave you with a fantastic piece of music. Anyone who knows me knows my adoration for the film Requiem for a Dream, and upon searching for the brilliant score to this film, I came upon this track, not sure who it was mixed by, but I've heard it was Oakenfold. As the original was done by Clint Mansell and the Kronos quartet, that's what I've got it tagged as. Not sure on the accuracy of the name either, but if anyone has more info, please, please send it my way.
Aeternal

Also, if anyone has M.I.A's fantasic cover of 'Every Day I Love You Less and Less' could you be my hero and send it to lostonpurpose@gmail.com

Thank you muchly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Requiem for a Dream fan myself, I would have to say that not only is it a genius movie, but an even better soundtrack...especially when it's remixed. Which segues to your question:

"Aeternal" is on the RFAD: Remixed album and mixed by the one and only Paul Oakenfold.

Brilliant...brilliant I say!

Have you watched any other Aronofsky films? Pi? Pi also has a great soundtrack.

Art Vandelay said...

I have seen Pi and thought it was phenomenal! Thanks for the info, i am now less stupid.

Eric said...

"Requiem" is a great and disturbing film. I highly recommend the book by Hubert Selby. He plays (I think) the prison guard at the end of the movie. Great Sdtk. The book is a tough read and the movie as great as it is, isn't something you can watch over and over.