Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New York is cold, but I like where I'm living

Still patiently waiting for At War With the Mysics to leak...April can't come soon enough

I recieved an email not too long ago from Finian McKean, whom you may know from the fantastic former indie rock offering, The Push Kings, then known as Finn Moore Gerety. He has now branched out on his own and we are all the better for it. He very thoughtfully sent me a copy of his new CD in the mail, with a note telling me to "turn it up" which of course, I did and was not disappointed. "Shades are Drawn" is thoughtful, draws you in and holds your attention throughout. A little rocking, a little haunting and a sure-fire way to let your mind wander. The entire album screams New York and a longing for escape from it. My personal favourite is "Black Hole." I'm sure Mr. McKean would love to hear comments from you, so drop him a line.

Finian McKean - Shades are Drawn
Finian McKean - Oh, My Heart is Heavy
Finian McKean - Black Hole

Pick Up "Shades are Drawn"

1 comment:

Kristi Joy said...

I'm still waiting for At War With The Mystics to leak too, but not patiently at all :-\