Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sit On Your Hands for the New National Anthem...

Day 2 of my all Canuck music week. Hopefully you're hearing something new, otherwise this is just a waste of my precious time, so let me know how I'm doing.
I saw this next entry in concert at a club in London about a year back, and he never fails to inspire. Mr. Good always has something to say about everything. Plus, contrary to what people at my work say, Matt Good is so very much better than Nickelback is or can ever hope to possibly be. Plain and simple.

Matt Good - White Light Rock & Roll Review
Track List:
1. Put Out Your Lights
2. Poor Man's Grey
3. We're So Heavy
4. Empty Road
5. Alert Status Red
6. Little Terror
7. In Love With a Bad Idea
8. North American for Life
9. Blue Skies Over Nad Lands
10. It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man
11. Buffalo Seven
12. Ex-Pats of the Blue Mountain Symphony Orchestra

Way Up in that Sky, I Look Up and Wonder

Mp3's:
Metric - The Twist
Pilate - Overrated
Gentleman Reg - The Boyfriend Song
The Arcade Fire - Maps (Yeah Yeah Yeahs Cover)
Hawksley Workman - Jealous of Your Cigarette
Sam Roberts - Brother Down (Not really indie, but no one outside of Canada has heard of him)
Wintersleep - Assembly Lines

Enjoy your Canadian bacon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Arcade Fire mp3!

Kristi Joy said...

Canada kicks the ass of the USA in the music category, I have to say. All fabulous selections, once again!

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you re-upload the mp3 for Metric's 'The Twist'? Thanks