Thursday, December 01, 2005

This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed

Edit:8:15 A.M. - I'm currently in the market for a new file sharing program after recieveing the news that LimeWire is no longer operational. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know at lostonpurpose@gmail.com

I am well aware how slow MegaUpload can be, and I apologize for that. Those who know me know my issues with Rapidshare (issues being: it hates me and I hate it). Yet, to keep you people satisfied, for large files, I shall do my best to use Rapidshare, no matter how much it likes to not work for me.


I got an email a few days ago from an individual named Wil and he told me about his band happening to have the same name as this very blog. Now you can imagine my guilt at having stolen this name (myself thinking that I had come up with something great on my own). So of course, I feel obligated to tell you about Lost On Purpose, the indie rock band out of Los Angeles. I am not merely posting because of my guilt, I like the band, whose influences include Coldplay, Explosions in the Sky and my personal favourite, the late great Elliott Smith.

Lost on Purpose - Anniversary
Track List:
1. London
2. Ohio 2
3. Lonely Road
4. Thank You Music Guru
5. Centum Cellas
6. Black Widow Falls

Just because I'm still a nerd and my new best friend Jim sent me the Clerks Soundtrack because I mentioned I didn't have it a few posts back. (Actually he sent it twice because Rapidshare hates me. Wasn't that nice?)
Clerks Soundtrack
Track List:
1. Dante's Lament
2. Love Among Freaks - Clerks
3. Girls Against Boys - Kill the Sex Player
4. No Time for Love, Dr. Jones
5. Alice in Chains - Got Me Wrong
6. Dante and Randal on Sex
7. Bash and Pop - Making Me Sick
8. A Bunch of Muppets
9. Supernova - Chewbacca
10. The Jesus Lizard - Panic in Cicero
11. Golden Smog - Shooting Star
12. Bad Religion - Leaders and Followers
13. I Like to Expand my Horizons
14. Stabbing Westward - Violent Mood Swings (Thread Mix)
15. Love Among Freaks - Berserker
16. Corrosion of Conformity - Big Problems
17. Seaweed - Go Your Own Way
18. Social Event of the Season
19. Soul Asylum - Can't Even Tell
20. Jay's Chant

I Hate People, But I Love Gatherings!


Later...

5 comments:

Jim said...

That's me, nice guy Jim :)

Kristi Joy said...

That is so cute. I can't wait to go home and download this, but just to put in my two cents:

1. I have the Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back OST, and it has these fabulous bits of Jay talking in it. Kinda like track 20 on this album, but more of it. It so rocks, because every once in a while when my ipod is on shuffle all of a sudden Jay pops up saying "snoochie-boochies" or some strange thing like that. Lovely.

2. If people don't want to wait for Megaupload, they don't have to. Nobody's forcing them to download from you ;-)
I've skipped from one site to another for awhile now, and none of them please everybody. So I've stopped trying to please everyone. Maybe that's why my blog sucks and yours does not ;-)

Anyway, this is fast becoming more of a blog post than a comment, so I'll shut up now.

You are my hero!

Kelly and José said...

I was curious about the band, Lost On Purpose. . .really enjoy the tracks I downloaded so far :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with what 'tatgoddess' said. People should just be patient! Megaupload is a lot better than other uploading services on the internet.

I also agree that Rapidshare has issues:
A) You also have to wait for the file to be downloaded.
B) You can only download one file per hour.
C) All of the above.

Anywhose, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Great blog you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning that theme. The only thing it would also be great to see here is a few pics of any gadgets.
Kate Kripke
Cell phone jammers